Monday, May 11, 2009

Thanks for Red Lights?

I never dreamed I'd be saying 'thanks' for red lights. Often I'm running late and red lights just add to my tardiness and frustration. Then I'm tempted to speed (but I don't) to make up lost time and hope to still arrive at my destination/appointment on time.

Recently I was once again just a tad later than I wished so decided to call my daughter to tell her I was running late to pick her up for a trip downtown. I grabbed my cell phone and began dialing her number, while I was driving...that's a no-no but I still do it on rare occasions. As I approached an intersection the light turned red and I breathed a sigh of relief, said 'Thank you!' and quickly passed along the information before the light turned green so I could put the phone down and drive with a clear conscience.

No comments: