Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oh Where Oh Where Can It Be?

I grew up knowing a cute little song about a lost dog:
Oh where, oh where
Has my little dog gone?
Oh where, oh where can he be?
With his ears cut short
And his tail cut long
Oh where, oh where can he be?


I sing that song a lot these days, however, I'm not looking for a lost dog.
I'm looking for almost anything.
Most of my house is turned upside down 
because of renovations and packing for our move.
"Did I pack it for the actual move in a month or two 
(and yes, I have labeled boxes), or,
did I pack it just to clear space for the contractors to do their work?"


Time to kick in my 'lost things found technique' which I learned after finally saying 
'enough already with this losing/misplacing things and causing my stress level to rise'.


The Bible says, "you have not because you ask not", 
 so I began to ask for the missing items.
"Lord, you know where 'it' is, and I need 'it'.  
 Please direct my eyes, my hands and my feet to it's location."


Then I carry on with life confident that the missing object will appear.  
And it always does. 
Not always immediately, but always in time for whatever the reason I need it.


Example:
After my parents died, I ended up with a box of photos, 
some of which I really didn't care to keep.
One such photo seemed a shame to shred
so I offered it to one of the people in the photo. 
She was thrilled and arrangements were made to make the transfer in Edmonton.  
As the day for my trip approached, I could not find the photo. 
Panic knocked on my mental door but I refused it entrance and instead prayed my little
'you know where it is, God...' prayer.
A few days later, and two days before my trip departure, 
I discovered it under a pile of papers in my office. 
I wasn't looking for it. I wasn't even thinking about it.


Back to my current 'where is it' dilemma...
I'm praying 'You know where it is, God.  Please help me find it. ' a lot.
The key is no fretting, no fussing, no worrying, 
just trusting God will direct me to find it.





No comments: